Things to Know before Arriving at the UN
Arriving at the United Nations
The United Nations Headquarters is located in the heart of New York City on 1st Avenue between 42nd and 48th Street.
Attendees can gain access to the UN site at the main entrance between East 45th and 46th streets, located at 1st Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes in advance with a photo I.D.
Please review below for items allowed or prohibited by U.N Security.
The first time you go through the security clearance you must go to the security badge station to pick up a security pass. This is a one time thing so you will have security clearance through out the camp. All attendees must have this badge visible at all times during the event.
Once you have picked up your name badge, you will proceed to NYC Camp’s check-in desk to check-in and also to pick up the event program and conference map.
Finally, find your way to the appropriate building/room by either asking a volunteer at the desk or by following the program and wayfinding signs.
What (not) to bring
The following items are strictly prohibited: (From the UN Security Website)
- any liquid, including water
- cans and bottles
- food or beverages
- backpacks and bags larger than 14" wide x 13" high x 4" deep
- aerosol containers
- non-aerosol spray (prescriptions for medical needs are permitted)
- any pointed object other then pens and pencils (i.e., knives, knitting needles, letter openers, etc.)
- electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices
- guns, replica guns, ammunition, and fireworks
- knives of any size
- mace and pepper spray
- razors and box cutters
The following items are allowed:
- battery-operated electronic devices, as well as medical devices
- cameras, video recorders, or any type of recording device
- creams, lotions, or perfumes
- strollers (but are not permitted on the tour route)