Intro to the basic concepts used for site building.
This Beginning Drupal course introduces you to the core concepts behind site building in Drupal 7. This course will take you through a series of practical exercises to build a functional Drupal 7 site and prepare you to create your own dynamic websites using Drupal.
Who is this course for?
This beginning course is for anybody who wants to start making websites with Drupal. Among those who this course is for are:
- Web Designers and Developers who want to learn how to make more powerful websites
- WordPress developers who want to add Drupal to their skillset
- Business owners who want to evaluate Drupal for their business
- PHP programmers who want to learn how to build sites in Drupal
This training does not involve any programming, scripting, off-by-one errors, css preprocessing, or Java whatsoever.
What will you learn?
- Adding and editing site content
- Creating new content types and fields
- Controlling page elements with blocks
- User management
- Controlling the look of your site with themes
- Installing extra modules to add functionality to your site
- Keeping your site up-to-date
- Using the Drupal community to learn even more
At the class? Get started: http://tiny.cc/nyccamp-2015