Front-End Drupal Developer
Want to help change the way government does tech? Then join the NY.Gov Digital Team! Here are details on two open positions, a front-end and back-end web developer. Both are based in Albany, NY and offer a $67-85,000 salary range.
The Front-End Web Developer for NY.Gov Digital will work with the content team to help evaluate incoming requests and brainstorm design possibilities in consideration of the limitations and possibilities of the Drupal platform as well as all options of content placement within NY.Gov, Governor.NY.gov and any additional website related to the Executive Chamber. The incumbent will employ best development, SEO practices, current web standards, and the highest level of accessibility while upholding the style guide and integrity of the new websites. This position involves a flexible work schedule and will require working some nights and weekends to complete priority assignments.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assists in making development changes to websites including creating, editing, modifying, or adding content to templates, web forms, or pages
- Brainstorms and assists in the creation of new visually appealing and cutting edge websites, converting a graphical mock-up into an interactive web presence
- Conducts cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device user testing for inconsistencies, as well as testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility
- Develops and proposes creative new possibilities for content placement
- Applies best practices in CSS file organization and structure
- Utilizes file compression techniques for improving speed
- Creates a variety of Views in Drupal 7+, pulling various content types into newly constructed page views as needed
- Remains current with web standards and application of design trends
- Designs and builds functionality within demanding timeframes
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field may substitute for four years of general experience.