Opening the Doors to Collaboration: IASC & Open Atrium
Open Atrium is a powerful distribution of Drupal that provides reusable, flexible components to support collaboration and knowledge management.
IASC (Inter-Agency Standing Committee) is a consortium of leadership from NGOs & UN levels who set policy & strategy for how humanitarian response happens at the high level.
This session will discuss how switching to Open Atrium took IASC from a static site with a bottleneck of one or two people managing content to a full-service platform supporting autonomous content management and group ownership of site section layouts and content access control.
It would be of value to UN employees & technical implementers because the use case that was accomplished here involves collaborating, sharing, and managing documents & meetings - which is a common use case across the various UN agencies & sub-departments.
Here’s a high level of topics that we will cover:
- The power of reusability and extensibility: Why should you should consider using a distribution
- The features of Open Atrium used by IASC
- The positive effects of change management caused from switching platforms
- Strategies for training your users on the switch
- How feature reuse can extend beyond immediate site needs: Case study on "Recommendations Database"
- The future of IASC using Open Atrium
- Open Atrium Roadmap with D8
We will also include an interactive and discussion-based section in which we'll cover your collaboration needs and if and how a platform like Open Atrium can support your business requirements and processes. So come prepared with questions, ideas, and also to share your own experiences!
Who Should Attend:
- UN employees & who are in need of a better system for collaboration and coordination whether it's for an intranet, extranet, or a public site
- Anyone who is curious about Open Atrium and its awesome features for collaboration and integrations