Getting Started With Drupal
Fundamentals that will get you started on the right track
Curious about this thing called Drupal? We can help! This two-hour seminar will introduce you to this powerful--and free--software.
You’ll learn the basics about how Drupal works, its terminology, and potential use cases and career paths for Drupal professionals. You’ll also see how some organizations are using Drupal, and get some experience creating content through the Drupal admin.
Drupal allows developers and non-developers alike to build feature-rich sites with its thousands of contributed modules, themes, and distributions. Who is it for?
- Students: Pick up a hot skill to boost your resume. Drupal is widely used by Fortune 500 companies, startups, government agencies, and non-profits. Familiarity with content management systems (CMSs) is in demand for not only technical professionals but also content creators, marketers, community managers, and fundraising pros.
- Career switchers: Looking to make the leap to a career in tech? Site building with Drupal is a fantastic way to start creating sophisticated websites without the coding expertise that can take years to acquire.
- Tech pros: Drupal carries no licensing fees, is based on familiar technologies like PHP, is completely customizable, and integrates well with legacy and third-party systems and services. It just might be what you or your organization need to take your web capabilities to the next level.
- Content creators and marketers: The Drupal community has produced loads of contributed (which means free and ready to use) modules geared toward SEO, analytics, social media, email marketing, rich content creation, and editor empowerment. Sites built with Drupal can allow non-technical staff to manage content and users, run campaigns, and even deploy pages and sites without reliance upon developers.
- Entrepreneurs and small organizations: Drupal makes it possible to get to product launch, set up an ecommerce store, or build a community without knowing how to code--or spending precious resources paying someone else to do so.
- Enterprise Organizations and Decision-Makers: Drupal's growth in the Enterprise sector has been exponential, powering thousands of global brand sites like GE, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Warner Music and many more. Drupal is fast, secure, scalable and affordable.
Join us for a mix of lecture, discussion, and demonstration activities that will give you the knowledge you need to get started with Drupal!
Please consider supporting the Drupal Association. Individual membership is only $15.