Introducing Git and GitHub Training
Best practices for collaborating using Git and GitHub
In this half day class, we'll start with the basics of collaborating using GitHub. We'll look at how to use issues, forks, Pull Requests and branches to collaborate more effectively with your team. We'll then get you started with the basics of using Git effectively on the command line.
We will cover:
- Issues - lightweight bug and feature tracking
- Fork and Pull Request based collaboration - the basis of open source
- Contributing to projects using GitHub
- Configuring Git on the command line
- Pushing, pulling and cloning
- Committing on the command line
- An introduction to feature branches
- Single repo collaboration
If you want to build a solid foundation for using Git and GitHub effectively, this is the perfect class. If you'd like to be able to use Git more effectively and to get out of trouble when you get stuck in detached head state or with a merge conflict, make sure to stay for the afternoon session.