Translate Your Web Site in One Day
This training and workshop will provide you with an overview of internationalization (i18n), localization (l10n), multilingual issues, and translation basics using the Lingotek Translation module, and then you will receive mentored help translating a copy of *your* Drupal web site (or a different one, if you'd rather).
Some topics that will be covered:
- The secrets to preparing your existing web site to be multilingual in minutes.
- How to translate tricky items like menus, customized taxonomy terms, and field collections.
- How to set up your document workflow to include translation using Workbench Moderation, Rules, etc.
- How to create translation profiles, so your content administrators don't have to babysit the process.
- How to extend the Lingotek translation module to translate pretty much anything.
Audience: Those that have multilingual needs or wish to enable their site to be fully multilingual.
Experience Requirements: Some basic Drupal experience and a desire to make your site fully multilingual.
Dev environment: Bring a running copy of the site that you'd like to enable to be fully multilingual. Alternatively, you we will provide a fresh copy of Drupal that you can fully enable for multilingual ready.
Rob Bailey, robertdbailey, Senior Drupal Developer
Rob is a mentor and developer within the Drupal community that strives to support even the most complex multilingual use cases possible. He has developed multilingual solutions to field collections, customized taxonomy terms, and peculiar menu items