Writing Your First Drupal 8 Module
A step by step guide to custom coding for Drupal 8
As developers, the upcoming release of Drupal 8 brings with it a wave of change to how we will be implementing our modules.
This half day training is geared towards folks new to Drupal 8 module development and want to get a solid introduction to some of the core APIs we will need to learn.
Topics we will cover:
- Explore the fundamental changes
- Symfony components overview
- Review of the motivation behind these changes (off the island mind frame)
- Explore the structure of a Drupal 8 module.
- Review basic file structure
- Take a look at some core D8 modules.
- Review menu system changes and the new routing layer.
- A look at the Form API and compare a D7 vs D8 form.
- A look at the Block API and compare a D7 vs D8 block implementation.
- End with a review for further exploration:
No need to have any preconfigured environment for the training. We will be distributing environments via StackStarter.io. Just bring your laptop and a willingness to learn something new!